Thursday, May 16, 2013

Chapter Eight

"I don't want you to leave yet," Arnav whined.

"Arnav, I have to," Khushi replied.

"Baby please? Another hour?"

"Arnav no! My parents will get suspicious."

Arnav let out a heavy sigh and held her close, his arms wrapped around her waist. "One day... one day I'll have you to myself for a whole day."

"Really?"

"Yerpz."

Khushi boldly wrapped her arms around his neck. "I doubt that."

"A challenge, is it?"

"You could say so."

Arnav pulled her in closer so that her breasts were meshed into his chest.

"Arnav-"

"One day. A full 24 hours, you and me, together."

"Hmm, that would be lovely."

Arnav rubbed his nose on hers, up and down. "That would be heaven," he sighed.

Khushi blushed. "You say the sweetest things."

"I know. It is me after all."

Khushi gaped but Arnav chuckled. They leaned their foreheads together and chuckled.

"I love you Khushi," Arnav whispered.

"I love you too Arnav," Khushi whispered, and she kissed him on his right cheek.

"Not enough."

Khushi looked at him. "What do you mean?"

"You have to prove it."

Khushi didn't understand at first, but then by his expression, she fully understood his intention.

"I love you," she said again and kissed his left cheek.

"Maybe."

"I love you," and she kissed his forehead.

"Debatable."

She slightly giggled. "I love you," and she kissed his nose.

"Probably."

She shook her head. "I love you," and kissed his chin.

"I guess."

Khushi shook her head again while giggling. "Oh Arnav!" She kissed his face again in the same order and then looked at him. "I. Love. You," and she kissed him on his lips.

Both were smiling as they held onto each other, Arnav trying to nibble on her lower lip.

"Arnav stop, I have to go."

Arnav sighed. "Alright baby. I'll let you go," and he pecked her lips. "See you tomorrow."

Khushi nodded. "See you tomorrow."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"I love you more."

"I love you even more."

"I love you even even more."

"I- Arnav, you're trying to make me late," and she pushed him away to leave, leaving a chuckling Arnav behind.

*~*

Khushi entered her house and was about to head to her room, when Garima called her.

"Khushi," she yelled.

Khushi stopped and turned. Garima came out of the kitchen and walked towards her. Khushi looked in confusion, wondering what her mom wanted to talk to her about. Just as she was about to ask what her mother needed, Garima slapped Khushi across the face.

Khushi gasped, her head turning the other way, her hair covering her face. She looked back up at her mother, gaping at her. "Ma-"

"Don't you dare call me that," Garima sneered. "You have some nerve to after what you've done."

Khushi scrunched her eyebrows. "What did I do-"

"What did you do? You're asking that? Because of you your father and I might never be able to show our faces again."

"I-"

"What did you think? You're just going to go around town with a man and we're never going to find out?"

Khushi's eyes widened and she gaped. "I don't know what you're talking about-"

"Not one word out of your disgraceful mouth! Chi! Is this what we raised you for? To go around town with any man? Huh?!"

Khushi was taken aback. "Ma-"

"Don't you dare call me that! Have you ever thought about what we have to face? Huh?!"

"But-"

"When your father hears this, he is going to explode! What do you want? Huh? What do you want?!"

"But I don't-"

"Don't deny it! Someone has informed me and I know everything. And it's written clearly on your face that you're lying."

"M-m-ma, seriously I-"

All of a sudden, someone spun Khushi around and slapped her. Her hair covered her face and when she looked back up, she saw her father.

"Babuji-"

"Get out of my sight," he boomed.

"But-"

"I don't want to hear another word! You're a disgrace!"

Khushi felt like she got slapped again.

"You are forbidden to meet that man! If I hear that you were with him, or even if I see you, you are going to regret going back on my word! Understood! Now get out of my sight!"

Khushi had tears flowing down and she turned and ran to her room, locking herself in her room. She cried and cried, hugging her pillow, her only source of comfort. She couldn't believe what her parents had said to her. It hurt her heart, hearing the mean things her parents had said.

All night, Khushi cried and cried, no one around to comfort her. There was only one person aware, and he felt really bad for her, but he didn't know what to do.

*~*

Khushi woke up to the sunlight pouring on her face. She got up and looked at her reflection in the mirror. She had tear stains all over her face. Looking at it reminded her of the night before and it brought tears to her eyes.

"Di!" It was Shyam.

"Haan Shyam?"

"Hurry! We're gonna be late."

Khushi stopped right there. She didn't want to go to school, not after what had happened the night before. She still felt miserable and she didn't know if she could see Arnav. It wasn't just that she was scared by her father's words, but she knew she would crumble at the sight of him.

"I'm not going," Khushi said, holding back tears.

"What? But Didi why-"

"Humne kaha na?! I'm not going!"

"But-"

"Leave!"

Shyam flinched. He had never heard his sister ever say something so mean to him. Ever.

"Go!"

"... okay Didi," and Shyam left.

Khushi sat on her bed an cried. She felt bad for yelling at her brother, but she ended up doing it anyways.

The day passed and Khushi just cried in bed. It was nightfall before she even knew it, and she cried herself to sleep. The same thing happened the next day. She yelled at Shyam that she wasn't going to college and she stayed in her room all day. She survived off of her memories with Arnav. She thought of when they first met, their interactions in the library, their confession, their first date, first kiss, everything.

And the fact that she couldn't see him now was breaking her heart. Khushi continued to do so for the week, no one but Shyam coming over to see how she was doing. Shyam was worried about his sister and hoped Arnav was back.

See, Arnav had gone away with his father to the city for a convention/meeting and the Raizada family was invited. With him gone, Khushi was alone. Arnav had left the second day Khushi hadn't gone to school, and he would be coming back to school tomorrow.

Khushi didn't even think of Arnav coming to her. It was out of question because why would Arnav come to her home? But little did she know that she was in for a surprise.

10 comments:

  1. omg loved it loved it loved it. please update quick i love this story. cant wait to read more and what will happen... <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awsome update.....loved it...plzzzzz continue soon dear.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg poor khushi if i was her i would run away but not live with people like them i hope arnav comes and takes her away from them far away!

    IF MEMBER :-IPKKNDbigfan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very poor parenting .....that is why some time children goes in to bad company thank god khushi got Arnav in her life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb update, really feeling bad for Khushi. That's so sweet Shyam being helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really waitin fr da nxt update
    and such a bad coincedance he left the nxt day poor khushi cryin alone :'(

    ReplyDelete
  7. feeling bad for khushi. arnav where are you. need you near khushi

    ReplyDelete
  8. poor khushi!!!! awesome story!!! he'll come at her place...wow...

    ReplyDelete