Thursday, May 30, 2013

Chapter Thirteen

Khushi arrived onto campus and got stared at like usual. Though this time there was a reason, since she had disappeared. Khushi went directly to class.

Arnav arrived onto campus. He was late. He didn't see Khushi anywhere and thought she went to class since he was late. The day passed, but Arnav didn't see Khushi anywhere. When he went to the library, Khushi wasn't there either.

Why isn't she here, Arnav wondered. Could she be avoiding me? No! Why would she! After yesterday, she wouldn't do that. But where is she? ... maybe she's just making up work.

Later in the day, Arnav didn't see Khushi at all. At the end of the day, he knew she'd be going to the daycare, so he got out early and waited. He saw Khushi appear. She was looking side to side and it was obvious to Arnav then that she was avoiding him.

Khushi walked as was about to reach the gate, when Arnav appeared.

"Where were you all day Khushi?

Khushi just blinked. "W-what do you mean?"

"Cut the crap Khushi!"

Everyone turned and looked at them.

"Why are to avoiding me," Arnav asked.

"What does it matter," Khushi asked. "Huh? What does it matter?!"

Everyone's eyes widened. They had never heard Khushi raise her voice.

"Seriously Arnav, can you give me some space?! You're always sticking onto me like glue!"

Arnav gaped.

Khushi took in a deep breath. "Look, I've been thinking about it and after much consideration... I don't want to be with you anymore."

Arnav's jaw dropped. "... what?"

"Seriously Arnav, I need my space. I can't focus with you hovering over me! You're everywhere I go! ... I don't wanna see you anymore."

"What?! Are you serious?!"

"Yes! Yes I'm serious! In fact, I don't wanna see your face anymore!"

Khushi huffed and left Arnav there. Everyone watched as Khushi left, including Shyam. He knew exactly why she was doing this.

*~*

Khushi went running home. When she arrived, she saw workers decorating the place and people holding trays of sweets.  Khushi was completely confused, when she saw her mother with the neighbor women.

"Arre Khushi," one of the ladies exclaimed.

They went to Khushi and hugged her.

"Are you excited," another women asked.

Khushi scrunched her eyebrow. "What?"

"Oh look at her being modest," Garima said. "I mean it's her wedding day and..."

After that, Khushi paid no attention. She was horrified! Wedding?! That to today?! She had no idea.

"Ab jaldi karo Khushi," a neighbor said. "You have to get ready quick!

"Haan," the first one exclaimed. "Otherwise who will get your mehendi and haldi done?"

Khushi held her tears back and nodded. She walked away and then ran to her room. She shut the door cried and cried, feeling gravely bad for what she said to Arnav, and now for this.

"I'm so sorry Arnav," she cried into her pillow. "I'm really sorry!

She just couldn't believe it that she was going to leave her beloved today.

And she wanted to marry him.

*~*

Arnav, pissed, went storming off. He went to the park and kicked a tree. He was really pissed and couldn't believe what had just happened. Grabbing a rock, he threw it into the lake and screamed. He came down to his knees and fisted the grass, really pissed.

"Arnav?"

Arnav looked up and saw Shyam. "What?!"

Shyam flinched but didn't back away. He went over to him and Arnav just looked away.

Shyam crouched beside him. "Listen man, I know you're upset-"

"Upset? I'm fucking pissed!"

Shyam tried to not flinch, but he did. "I know... but it's not Didi's fault."

"Not her fault?!" Arnav stood up. "How the fuck-"

"My parents are forcing her marriage!"

This time Arnav flinched. "... what?"

"Di is getting married! TODAY! By now her haldi must've taken place and her mehendi must be starting-"

Arnav grabbed Shyam by his collar and pulled him up. "Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I was but I didn't see you-"

Arnav pushed him away and cursed under her breath.

"We have to do something Arnav! I can't see my sister's life get destroyed!"

"Well if she had told me-"

"She didn't fucking know!"

"What-"

"She wasn't told! My parents did that on purpose and Didi didn't find out till she got home. At least, that was their plan-"

"What kind of fucking parents do you have?!"

"Fucked up ones! Now quickly do something!!!"

"Don't worry... I got this."

8 comments:

  1. Thank god u posted i ws dying to knw ahead
    anyways i loooooovveeddd ur update
    Im so glad shyam told arnav
    and knw hes gona be runnin away wid his bride hpefull *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least her brother not that bad

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Arnav gonna take away his princess from her own wedding or maybe married with her on that place only......

    Arnav dude,,,, do it we are with you...

    Neag
    (india-forums)

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved it as usual, looking foward to regular updates. keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. please update. impatiently waiting :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your amazing writer!!! I love reading all your stories of arshi. Please continue your arshi vampire story soon, I love that story as much as I love all your written stories. I am not able to comment on the vampire story of arshi because there is no option for Anonymous , can you please add that option, and update all the chapters which you have written on IF on blog too. Thank you, will be reading your each and every story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please can you update chapters 14 and 15 on your blog please. Thank you! I really want to read the next chapters.

    ReplyDelete