Monday, March 14, 2016

Chapter Forty Three

Khushi had an appointment for her semi annual check up, and both her and Arnav had decided to make an appointment for Shalini as well, since it had been quite some time since she had last been to the doctors. Arnav was free for the day, so he decided he'd take the ladies. Aryan decided to meet up with them afterwards, as he had a meeting down in town hall, and then they'd go out to eat.

As expected, the wait was long, and that too for just the nurse to call them. Shalini was called in first by one nurse and then Khushi by another.

"Any complaints," the nurse asked Khushi.

Khushi shook her head. "No."

The nurse clicked away on the computer and typed, went through the standard procedure, and then she had Khushi go back to the waiting room. Shalini joined them once more and the wait, once again, was horribly long.

"This is absolutely fucking ridiculous," Arnav scowled.

"Chote!"

"Arnav!"

Arnav groaned with a roll of his eyes, then rested his chin in the palm of his hand. "Now I have two women controlling me."

Khushi rolled her eyes while Shalini chuckled.

"You'd do best by listening to them," Shalini pointed out.

"Yeah, yeah," he huffed.

Khushi shook her head. "Mr. Grumpy Pants."

Arnav frowned at her and Khushi stuck her tongue out. Immediately, Arnav grabbed her hand and tugged her to him, causing Khushi to gasp.

"Arnav-"

"Don't tease me like that love. You know what I prefer," he shirked devilishly.

Khushi blushed hard as her eyes darted from Arnav to Shalini and back, Shalini trying really hard to hide her grin.

"Arnav stop, Ammu is right there."

"So," he replied.

"So stop," and she tried to free her hand.

Arnav tightened his grip. "Never."

"Arnav let me go!"

"No."

"Arnav!"

"No!"

"Stop being stubborn!"

"No."

Shalini broke into laughter. "You two are just like little children. What will you do when you have a child of your own?"

Khushi paused and looked at Shalini. It had been weeks since the baby topic came up, the last time being at Shalini's party.

Arnav looked at his mother. "Out of us two I'd say I'm more of a child."

Shalini chuckled. "Now that I agree with."

Arnav grinned and Shalini kissed his forehead. Cute as the two were, the baby thought still struck Khushi's mind.

"Khushi Arnav Singh Raizada!"

Khushi snapped out of her thoughts and looked up to see the doctor. She got up, Arnav letting her go, and joined her, and then they went inside to a room.

Just as she left, Aryan came in and went to his wife and son.

"Where's Khushi," he asked.

"She just went inside," Shalini said as her husband leaned in and kissed her.

"And hello to you to," Arnav frowned as his father pulled away from his mother.

Aryan tilted his head.

"No hey what's up son for me? It's all about Ammu and Khushi now isn't it?"

"Can't blame me for loving my wife and daughter so much."

"Sure, your son no longer matters"

"When he stops barging in on me and my wife, sure."

"Aryan," Shalini scolded.

"What? That's the third time this week!"

Arnav leaned forward. "Old man, you'd think you'd learn by now that the kitchen isn't the safest place to mingle, considering the fact I caught you guys once when I was 5."

Aryan frowned and leaned forward. "I am not old, child. You'd do best to remember that and to learn how to knock."

"Child? I'm not-!"

"Enough," Shalini chuckled. "We're not at home and I don't have Khushi to help me control you fools."

"Fools," both men said, astounded.

"Yes fools, and I-"

Shalini paused and shut her eyes. Both Raizada men looked at her curiously, when she held onto the side of her head.

Aryan moved forward and crouched before her. "Jaanemaan, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

Shalini shook her head.

Arnav leaned closer to his mother and held her free hand. "Ammu, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, just feeling a bit dizzy all of a sudden."

"Jaanemaan-"

"I'll be right back, I need the ladies room" she said, getting up.

Aryan got up as well. "Do you want me to take you-"

"No, no, it's fine. I'm okay, I can walk over there on my own. Just hear out for if the doctor calls me."

"Okay."

Shalini headed to the restroom, and even though she said she didn't need Aryan's help, he followed behind her anyways and waited outside.

When Shalini got inside, she splashed some water on her face and washed her hands with cold water. She seemed alright now, so she dried herself up with paper towels and stepped out. However, just as she did, she saw a custodian cleaning the floor and the smell of bleach hit her nose. It was absolutely awful and it nauseated her immediately, causing her to run back in and deposit her breakfast into the toilet.

"Shalini!"

Aryan ran in after her and held her hair up as Shalini continued to vomit. Finally when she had calmed down, she washed up and held onto the sink as she caught her breath.

"Jaanemaan, what's wrong? Are you feeling okay? I'm gonna go get a doctor immediately-"

"It's okay, the smell of the bleach caused it, I'm fine-"

"No you're not. I'm getting a doctor right now."

Aryan tried to move away but Shalini quickly grabbed his arm.

"Aryan please-"

"Jaanemaan, you're not okay, we need to get you a doctor right now!"

"But-"

"Shalini-"

"I don't want to see a doctor!"

Aryan scrunched his eyebrows. "Why not?"

Shalini looked down, not responding. Aryan reached forward and cupped her face in his hands.

"What's wrong Jaanemaan," he asked softly.

Shalini continued to look down. "I'm scared," she finally admitted.

"Of what?"

"Of... what if something is wrong with me," she asked, looking back up at him.

Aryan's eyes widened. "There's nothing wrong with you."

"But what if there is. Don't you remember, I was drugged. What if that-"

"You said that the woman - what was her name? Ahana - you said that Ahana had helped you recover. You're fine now."

"Aryan-"

"Shalini Aryan Singh Raizada," the two heard a doctor call out.

"Come on, let's go," Aryan said, taking Shalini's hand.

Shalini held their entwined hands with her free hand. "Aryan-"

Aryan released her hand and cupped her face. "I am not losing you again, or so help me Shalini, I will lose it."

"Aryan...."

He took hold of her hand once more. "Come," and he led his wife out and took her to the doctor.

As the doctor led them in, Aryan quickly texted Arnav, telling him to go home when Khushi came back out, and that he and Shalini would see them when they got back.

The text seemed odd to Arnav, wondering what was wrong with his mother, when Khushi finally rejoined him.

Arnav stood up as he met his wife's worried eyes. "What's wrong?"

"We need to talk."

8 comments:

  1. i think mother-in-law and daughter-in-law are pregnant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, interesting. i have feeling watching the movie called THE BRIDE'S FATHER. in that movie both will be pregnant and nice fun to watch Arnav and his father running behind two pregnant ladies.Anyway ill enjoy reading it if they are pregnant. continue soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. God this is getting interesting day by day and I can't wait for the next update :... This one was amazing

    Apeter (IF)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome update dear hope it's good news..please update soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely chapters 42 and 43............Arnav is incorrigible....barging in on the couple........he shudve known that his father wud be like him only.

    I think Shalini n Khushi both are pregnant........that wud be so awesome..........waiting for Arnav n Aryans reaction

    ReplyDelete
  6. good one.. Shalini seems to be pregnant and Khushi.. she is giving me worry.. what is wrong with her? loved to Arnav and his parents together.. however father-son are surely besharam.. loved the update..

    thanks for pm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow awesome and intriguing story dear.Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow superb update loved it can't wait for next part.....ameena671

    ReplyDelete