Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Chapter Forty Nine

It was a lovely afternoon at Raizada mansion, not to mention a lazy one. Work at the office was slow for Arnav, as well as for Aryan down in town hall. That's why the two men headed home, Arnav having already arrived while Aryan was on his way. Khushi and Shalini were relaxing in the living room, watching TV while enjoying some strawberries. Both women sat with their feet up, thanks to the recliners. Arnav laid his head in Khushi's lap, cooing to her stomach.

"... and boy am I glad that work was slow today, because it gave me time to spend with you, my tomato."

Khushi glanced down at him. "Your tomato?"

Arnav looked up at her. "Well you did say she's the size of a tomato."

Khushi giggled. "True, I did."

Arnav kissed her stomach. "Tomato."

"You know, if it is a girl, she'll definitely hate you for this."

"By the time she finds out, I'll have already gotten away with it, ain't that right tomato?"

Both Khushi and Shalini chuckled.

"Well, would the father of my tomato please get us some more strawberries," Khushi asked, batting her eyelashes.

Arnav looked at her for a moment. "That eyelash batting thing isn't necessary," and he got up with the empty bowl.

Khushi giggled and was about to say something when she paused with a squeal. Arnav looked back at her and Shalini moved beside Khushi as Khushi's hands shot out to her stomach.

"Ah," Khushi hissed, holding onto her stomach.

Arnav dashed back to her and placed the bowl down on the floor as he knelt before her on the floor. "Khushi, what's wrong?"

Khushi pursed her lips. "Mm, shaitan."

Arnav pulled back, looking at her oddly with confusion.

"Papa goes away so you punish me by kicking me hmm?"

Arnav's eyes widened. "W-what?"

Shalini's eyes grew with excitement. "He kicked?"

Khushi nodded and both Arnav and Shalini placed their hands over Khushi's stomach. Seconds passed when suddenly they felt the baby kick again.

"Oh my gosh," Shalini squealed, tears coming to her eyes as she gasped.

Arnav couldn't believe it. His hand remained over Khushi's stomach and Khushi watched him.

"I think papa's in shock."

As if the baby had understood, the baby kicked once more, bringing Arnav out of his reverie. His eyes darted to Khushi's and he immediately laid his head on her stomach.

"I'm right here, baby. I'm right here," he smiled.

Khushi smiled and ran her hand through his hair as he nuzzled her. Shalini couldn't help the tears which streamed down her cheeks. The sight before her was one she never thought she'd ever get to see first hand, and now here she was, feeling blessed more than ever.

*~*

"27 weeks Khushi, you're at the last week of your second trimester," Khushi's doctor said. "How are you feeling?"

"To tell you the truth, slightly anxious Dr. Fields."

"That's understandable," she smiled. "It is your first pregnancy, and it's about to feel realer than ever."

Khushi nodded. "Pretty soon he'll be here, out in the real world... I don't know if I'll ever be ready."

Dr. Fields sighed with a small smile. "Well from mother to mother-to-be, I'll be honest with you - I don't think anyone is ever ready. To tell you the truth, when I was in labor and my doctor was telling me to push, I was refusing because I just wasn't ready yet, especially since my daughter was three weeks early."

"How did you overcome it?"

"I never have," she admitted. "Everyday is a new adventure and I'm never sure if I'm ready to be a mother, and yet here I am."

Khushi nodded and looked down at her stomach.

"I can guarantee you though Khushi, that it's going to be nothing but an adventure here on out."

Khushi nodded and looked up at her with a smile.

"So, are we ready to see your baby?"

"Very."

"And dad?"

"Unfortunately daddy had a very important meeting so I'm here with my parents."

"Okay," she smiled.

Applying the cold jelly on her stomach, Dr. Fields looked around the screen, the room filling up with the sound of the baby's heartbeat.

"Oh would you look at that," Dr. Fields grinned.

"What?"

"Your baby is sucking its thumb."

"Really?"

Dr. Fields zoomed in and showed Khushi the screen and Khushi couldn't help but to chuckle at the sight of her baby sucking its thumb.

"Oh, if only Arnav was here."

"I could get you a photo of this."

"Yes please, thank you."

"Not a problem at all."

*~*

"What the!"

Khushi pursed her lips, holding back her smile as she watched her husband walk back and forth in front of the bed, holding the picture from her ultrasound.

"The one day I miss an appointment, and I missed seeing my kid sucking her thumb. What the f-?!"

"Arnav," Khushi warned.

Arnav pouted with a frown and Khushi could only giggle. He sat down in front of her, still looking at the photograph. "Why did I have to miss this?"

"Because you had an important meeting."

"Meeting, shmeeting, who cares! I missed my kid sucking her thumb! Live!"

Khushi truly couldn't hold back her laugh. "Oh Arnav, stop being a baby."

"I want my baby," Arnav muttered with a pout.

Khushi cupped his face in her hands and kissed his forehead. "She'll be here soon."

"I know but- wait a minute... you said she."

Khushi just looked at him.

"What happened to him being a he?"

"Well you always say it's a girl, so I don't know, I just went with it."

Arnav looked at her carefully. "Did you find out the sex of the baby without me?"

Khushi shook her head. "No, I don't want to know until the little one comes into the world." This time Khushi looked at him carefully. "Do you know?"

Arnav tilted his head with a frown. "How on earth would I know?"

Khushi squinted her eyes.

"I don't know Khushi. ... do you?"

"No!"

Arnav looked back down at the photo. "So... not until delivery?"

"Not until delivery," she agreed.

Arnav nodded and sighed. "She's gotten much more bigger, hasn't she?"

Khushi nodded. "He has. ... I can't believe my seconds trimester is over and I'm entering my third."

Arnav nodded, still looking at the photo.

"It's all about get real now."

He looked at her with confusion. "What do you mean?"

"I mean that everything's going to change. For the past few months, he's been growing inside me and that's it. In a matter of weeks, he's going to be here, in the real world, in our arms. It's all about to get real."

"That is true...." Arnav sighed. "It won't just be the two of us anymore."

"No... but it'll be nice having him around."

Arnav nodded.

"I think it's time we started getting things for the baby. Clothes, strollers, diapers - stuff like that."

"Don't you worry about a thing, I've got a lot of it covered."

"Is the nursery almost complete?"

"Not yet, but don't worry, it'll be done in time."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely."

"Did you get a swing? I hope you got a swing because I want him to have a swing-"

"Babe, don't worry, I've got it under control."

"I hope so," Khushi muttered.

Arnav frowned and Khushi smiled innocently, making Arnav tease her and send the two into giggles. Everything was about to come together, and it was only a matter of time until their new guest arrived.

16 comments:

  1. Sweet one.. ARSHI are waiting for the arrival of their kiddo so eagerly.. loved the super sweet update with the to be parents and their antics..
    thanks for pm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the update dear.............

    Arnav-Khushi are impatiently waiting for the arrival of their symbol of love............

    (orchids8888 from IF)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe such a lovely update
    Arnav besauted with the baby already
    Talking to him/her
    Ex static we she / he kicked
    N they pouting when he misseduction the live version of his kid suckling their thumb...So cute
    Looking forward to next update n our doating dad meeting his son or daughter
    Thanks for pm N plz keep em comin
    Heatsha8176

    ReplyDelete
  4. supper...fantastic update
    IF( merehan)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing update dear please update soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. This update was heart melting
    Loved every bit of it

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG.. This was so adorable. Arnav is gonne be such an amazing daddy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww... Lovely update
    Expecting Parents excitement ☺️
    Loved it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely update
    Loved it too much
    IF I'd (star_fan1)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait, hadn't you finished this one??

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow beautiful update loved it can't wait for next part.......ameena671

    ReplyDelete