Saturday, March 4, 2017

Chapter Fifteen

With Arnav being at the office, Khushi found herself being busy at the house. She would do some housework here and there, as the workers barely let her do anything. Sometimes she would read and would later tell Arnav of the wonderful stories she had read. But most of the times she would find herself in the ballroom, dancing.

She missed dancing. It was something she loved to do back when she was at the brothel... as well as receiving pleasure. But her pleasure was always satisfied by Arnav, so there was no lack there.

Music filled the room and Khushi danced. A smile was spread across her face and she twirled around the room.

This is just perfect, she sighed.

With her eyes shut, she danced to her hearts content, singing along with the song. When the song ended, so did her dance, and the sound of clapping filled the room. Khushi gasped and turned towards where the sound came from and saw Arnav. He was leaning against the doorway, clad in a navy suit, the top two buttons of his shirt undone. Khushi found herself biting her lip, her sex clenching.

Her desire was very much obvious to Arnav. So he walked forward with purpose and when he reached Khushi, he picked her up. Khushi happily wrapped her legs around his waist and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Will you take me here," Khushi asked innocently.

Arnav smirked and instead of answering, he walked out of the room. Khushi looked at him in confusion as he walked through the house, passing the bodyguards who stood in their places. Just as Arnav was about to go upstairs, Aman came walking into the room.

"Sir."

Arnav paused and glared at Aman, causing the poor man to look down. "What," he growled.

"Your step-brother," Aman explained.

Arnav groaned with a roll of his eyes. Even Khushi sighed with annoyance.

"Fucking cock blocker," Arnav huffed.

Khushi caressed his cheeks, trying to soothe him. With a sigh, Arnav placed her down on her feet and leaned in to her.

"You better wait for me wifey," he whispered.

"I want you now," Khushi whispered back, her hand moving down from his chest to his pants.

However Arnav stopped her hands from wandering and she pouted.

"Naughty wifey," he grinned.

"Me," she said innocently, batting her eyelashes.

Arnav groaned and kissed her, forcing her back to lean against the banister. Khushi moaned and gripped onto him as he moved to her neck.

"Arnav," she moaned.

Arnav groaned and let go of her. He kissed her once more then turned to Aman, looking angry as hell.

"I'm gonna fucking kill that cock blocker," he said, though his voice was surprisingly calm.

Arnav walked away, Aman following behind. Khushi sighed, her shoulders sagging.

Devarji just has to be annoying, doesn't he?

Shaking her head clear, Khushi decided to head upstairs. Yet something made her stop. Khushi noticed that the doors to Arnav's study was slightly open. She found it suspicious that it was open like that, as if someone had sneaked inside and forgot to close the doors behind them. Curious, Khushi walked in.

Arnav's study was vast, hidden behind double doors underneath the grand staircases. The room was round, windows covering the back end of the room, allowing sunlight to come in. On the left were leather couches and a coffee table by a fireplace, where Arnav would sometimes sit with his guests to discuss business. On the right were bookshelves filled with several novels and encyclopedias. Before the windows sat his grand cherry wood desk, his leather chair behind it and two chairs in front of it. Not too much decor graced the walls, just a few here and there.

Khushi went to Arnav's desk and looked around. It was clean and organized, just the way Arnav would leave it. His Macbook was closed and in its place as well. As nothing seemed out of place, Khushi turned to leave when she noticed a drawer slightly open - a drawer which should have been locked.

Some time ago Khushi had been in here reading a book from one of Arnav's shelves. While turning a page, she managed to get a paper-cut so she went searching in Arnav's desk to see if he had any bandages. That was when she discovered that the middle drawer on the right was locked. When she later questioned Arnav about it, of course he gave her the eyes and told her it was none of her business, but Khushi slowly figured it out for herself that that drawer was always locked, no matter what.

Now that it was open, she couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Khushi quickly dashed to the doors to see if there was any sign of Arnav returning, but she didn't see nor hear him. The guards were in their places, but as she would go into Arnav's study to read now and then, there was no suspicion on her in their case. So Khushi shut the door and went back to the desk. She pulled open the unlocked drawer and found two files - the top one looked quite old, the corner bent and crooked, the color darkened in age. The other one looked old too, but not as old as the first one. Khushi opened the first file and found various papers inside but she didn't quite understand them. She browsed through it until she came across a photo. Picking it up, Khushi looked at carefully.

In the picture was of just one man, standing tall and proud, yet with a gentle smile on his face. He had short brown hair and brown eyes, clean shaven. He wore a black suit with a black tie, his arms crossed in front of him. Something about him seemed quite familiar and before long, Khushi realized that this old photograph contained a picture of none other than her deceased father in-law.

My gosh... Arnav looks so much like him.

Khushi placed the photograph back in its spot and continued to look through the file. There was more paperwork within, some Khushi didn't understand, others she realized to be old business contracts with various people and businesses. None of them seemed out of sort, until she got to the last one. It was different than the others but what had really caught her attention was a name that was typed on it.

Shashi Gupta

Khushi was shocked. She had no idea that her drunken father knew the late Aryan Singh Raizada, let alone had a contract with him.

But why would a drunkard like my father have business with a successful business man such as my late father in-law?

Khushi pulled out the paper from the file and read through it. The contents of the paper, however, shocked Khushi. According to the contract, her father Shashi had loaned Aryan Singh Raizada ten crores, which Aryan would pay back with interest, as well as the promise of marrying his son to his daughter.

Khushi was stunned. My father had that kind of money? My father? But how? We could barely live off of what little he earned and wasted on alcohol, how...?

Khushi put the contract and file on top of the desk and opened the other file. The first thing on top was a newspaper clipping with a picture of her father, wearing a black suit and red tie, standing proudly. According to the article, after an investment gone terribly wrong, Shashi had gone bankrupt and had lost all of his money, ridding him of his business and his palatial home, tossing him and her pregnant mother to the streets. Khushi gasped in horror, and for the first time in her life, she felt bad for her father. After losing so much and only to lose her mother afterwards, it was no wonder why her father had turned into such a drunkard.

Putting the clipping aside, Khushi looked back at the file. Another contract sat on top and Khushi picked it up to analyze it. According to this contract, her late father in-law promised her father a total of twenty crores, money to be inherited to Khushi, in exchange of Khushi's hand in marriage with his son.

Twenty crores?! Wait...

Khushi looked back at the old file and looked at the old contract.

He offered my father double, giving my father profit. So why-?

It was then the Khushi noticed that unlike the old contract, this contract was missing a signature. While the first contained signatures of both Aryan and Shashi's, the newer one only had Aryan's.

Why didn't my father sign it? Did he deny-? Of course he didn't, why would he ever deny money, he sold me to the brothel for goodness sake! So then.. does that mean he couldn't find my father? And....

Khushi looked through both contracts again.

I was promised to be married to Arnav? My father wanted me to marry Arnav? And his father wanted me to marry Arnav as well? So does that mean...? No, there's no way Arnav could have known who I was. Even I didn't know who nor what my father was, or at least once was. No one in the village ever knew who my father was except for as the drunkard of town. So how could Arnav possibly....

Placing both the contracts aside, Khushi looked at the folder once more. This time what she found was a will - her father in-law's will, or rather a copy of it. Khushi read through the document and once again, the contents of the papers shocked her.

According to Aryan's will, when his son married Khushi, he would inherit a total of one hundred crores automatically.

One hundred crores? That means... that means...

Tears began to flow down her cheeks, hitting the papers beneath.

He... he married me for the money. Arnav knew all along, he knew who my father was, he told me the first day he brought me here! Which means... he only married me for the money.

Khushi thought of all the times she had caught him giving her caring and affectionate glances, looks which seemed to show love.

How delusional have I been?! He never loved me! He doesn't love me! He used me! Like everyone else, he used me! For money!

Khushi's fists clenched tightly.

First my father used me for money and tossed me away! Now Arnav-!

The doors to the study opened, revealing Arnav. Khushi looked up at him and Arnav noticed her tear-stained cheeks. It wasn't the first time he had seen her crying. Now and then when Khushi would be too entrapped by her novels, she would cry. At first he would find it ridiculous of her to be so emotional by words off of a page. But slowly, without even realizing it, he began to care and felt bad when she would. He then never realized when he had gotten to the point that it would hurt him to see her in tears and emotional pain. It was when he realized his heart would constrict at the sight that Arnav realized that maybe he did feel something a little more for her than just caring.

Hard as he tried to rid of the feeling, it only got stronger and hit him with realization - Arnav Singh Raizada had fallen in love with Khushi Arnav Singh Raizada.

"Wifey-?"

Khushi dashed up from the chair and charged out of the room, bumping past Arnav. Her attitude enraged him and he went after her.

"Khushi!"

But Khushi didn't care, her fists tight as hot tears continued to stream down her cheeks. Fast as she tried to get away from him, however, was not fast enough, as Arnav caught up to her with ease and swung her back to him. Khushi tried hard to free herself from his grip, but it was just too tight.

"Would you stop struggling, you're only going to hurt yourself-"

"What do you care if I hurt myself," Khushi sneered.

Arnav was shocked by her anger, but it didn't take long for him to recover. He gripped onto her hair tightly, bringing a hiss out of her mouth as he tried to still her.

"Watch it," he hissed.

But Khushi's eyes still blazed. "Let me go, I don't want to see your face at all!"

"Well that's too bad wifey, you're not going anywhere."

Khushi looked away, disgusted when he called her wifey. Arnav found this peculiar, as Khushi would normally like it when he called her that.

"What's wrong with you," he asked, absolutely confused. "Are you fucking PMSing or some shit?"

Khushi glared at him. "I know about the contract."

Arnav cocked his eyebrow.

"I know the hundred crores your were promised for marrying me."

This time Arnav's eyes widened. "How the hell-?!"

"I saw the contract of my father giving your father money in exchange of your marriage to me! I saw the contract of your father giving my father double the money in exchange of my marriage with you! I saw your father's will, promising a hundred crores if you married me!!!"

Khushi screamed with anger and forced herself free from Arnav. Arnav was absolutely stunned by her actions, causing him to watch her with wide eyes as she charged away. However it was only moments until he went up to her and grabbed her by her wrist, pushing her back against the wall.

"Don't-"

"How the fuck do you know," Arnav asked.

"Let me go-"

"How the fucking hell did you know?!"

"I saw the fucking files! The door to your study was opened suspiciously and I went to check out and found the the locked drawer open and found the fucking files!"

"What the fuck-?"

"Let me go!"

Khushi tried to free herself, but Arnav's grip tightened.

"Let me go!"

But Arnav didn't loosen his grip.

"Let go of me Arnav!"

But he still wouldn't and continued to glare at her.

"Let me- let go of me Arnav, just please, let..."

Khushi broke into tears once more and her head bowed forward as she began to cry. Her heart ached and she was very much hurt by all of this. But not only did her heart ache, but Arnav's did as well. The sight of her crying hurt him, and so he caressed her cheek and kissed away her tears. Khushi was shocked by his actions and looked at him.

"Don't cry," he whispered, his voice soft as if they weren't just yelling at each other.

Khushi simply watched him, still in shock. Arnav looked at her and for a moment, neither said a word. They simply looked at each other, both with a mixture of anger, hurt, and love. A few moments later, Arnav bent down and carried Khushi in her arms. Khushi was still stunned by him, so she didn't rebel. Arnav took them into their room and placed her down on the bed before sitting in front of her. He poured her a glass of water and Khushi took it, guzzling it down.

"I'm sure there's a lot of questions you have-"

"I think I know all I needed to know Arnav."

Arnav arched his eyebrow at her and Khushi knew that it was his annoyance for her cutting him off, but she didn't care how much he gave her the eyes.

"All this time, I always asked you why - why you married me and what the reason was behind it. Today I finally know," and tears once again stung her eyes.

Arnav looked away with an annoyed sigh and after some thought, he looked at her again. "Okay fine, now you know-"

"So I'm right."

Arnav's eyebrows scrunched. "What?"

"I'm right then - you did marry me for the money."

"Well yeah-"

Khushi looked away and brought her knees to her chest, hugging them. She tried hard not to cry and tried to force herself into not caring, but it was just so hard. Especially because she was in love with this man.

Suddenly Arnav's hand was in her hair, forcing her to look at him. "Arnav-"

"How much do you know?"

"Arnav-"

"Wrong answer."

Khushi glared at him. "What the fuck does it matter how much I know?!"

"Wrong answer again. How much do you know," he asked again, this time his voice with edge.

Khushi tried hard not to gulp in fear, but she did. "Just what I read," she responded.

Arnav sighed and let go of her, looking away. Khushi watched him as his mind worked. She wondered what he was thinking, when he turned back to her.

"There's some things you need to know about all of this."

"What more could I possibly need to know Arnav? I read-"

"Those contracts and my father's will won't tell you the history of what happened."

Khushi was confused.

"Years ago - many years ago - your father used to run Gupta Incorporated. He and my father both did business and were friends. In fact, they were good friends, though quite competitive. Your father was at my parents wedding, as well as when my father married my stepmother."

Khushi was shocked - not just by the new information she was learning, but by the fact that Arnav had given a little piece of his past. Arnav never spoke of his parents, nor his stepmother, not ever. So the fact that he was doing this now meant that whatever he was about to tell her was really important.

"When my father needed money for a new business investment, your father loaned him ten crores, but not so easily. He had a condition, which was that his son would have to marry his daughter."

"Meaning you would have to marry me."

"Not necessarily. You see, your father never said which son - it could've meant either me or my idiotic step-brother."

Khushi was confused. "Wait, what?"

"At the time the contract was made, my father was already remarried to Dhruv's mother. I was four at the time and Dhruv was two."

"But..." Khushi simply couldn't understand.

"You weren't born yet, yes, but your mother was pregnant with your sister at the time."

"My sister?! I have a sister?!"

"Had. You had a sister."

Khushi gasped. "What... what happened to her?"

"She died not long after being born. Her heart was too weak."

Khushi shut her eyes and looked away in pain.

"Your father thought that this was the perfect opportunity to turn the two families into more than just being friends, and my father thought the same, which is why he had happily agreed. Unfortunately a few months later... well it would have to wait.

"A few years passed and your father made a bad choice, going into a bad investment, and lost everything he had. Both your mother and your father were tossed into the streets and hard as my dad did try to help him, he couldn't. He tried to offer your father money, creating a contract where he would give your father twenty crores in exchange of their daughter's hand in marriage for his son. But your father had too much pride and hid from mine, unable to face him from shame.

"Your mother was pregnant with you at the time and my father hoped that it was a girl, which was why he added those terms. But my father couldn't find your family. You were born, your mother passed away, and your father had turned into a drunkard. No one recognized him and no one knew who he was except for as the town drunkard."

Again, Khushi felt really bad for her poor father.

"The only thing the man understood was alcohol and money, his brain no longer functioning correctly. In that time, my father passed away...."

Khushi looked at him as she saw a wave of emotions pass in his eyes.

"Before Dad passed away, he created his will. In it he stated that his son would have to marry you in order to receive an inheritance of a hundred crores."

Khushi looked away.

"I was eight when he passed away. I remember the lawyer gathering my step-mother, Dhruv, and I into my father's old study - my study. He read off everything in the will and at the time I didn't care. Years passed and I had forgotten all about it, my mind only on AR Industries. It wasn't until years later, when Dhruv's useless self came barging in into my study because I had decreased the amount of money I gave him per month."

"You give him money every month?"

"Well did you think he asked someone else," Arnav asked, as if the question was stupid and rhetorical.

Khushi ignored his sarcasm. "Then?"

"The fucker said that if he didn't get his money, he'd do whatever it took to get money. Even marry you."

Khushi's eyes widened. "Me?"

Arnav turned his body to her and leaned in slightly. "Understand one thing Khushi - neither of us knew who you were, not at first. When your father and your mother hid from my father's radar, no one knew your name nor were even sure if they had a daughter. My father passed away before he could find out. And fortunately or unfortunately, my father never stated which of his sons were to marry you. Of course Dhruv's useless self would remember of something that could get him instant cash. And because that useless shit doesn't deserve any of that money, I set out to find you."

Khushi blinked, slightly moving back. His words had surprised her.

"While that idiot did nothing to find you, he found you anyways without even knowing, going to the brothel. And while he did that, I had my men searching everywhere far and wide, looking for your father. Eventually we found him but... I only had enough time for his last few words."

Khushi gasped. "You mean he's...."

Arnav nodded, looking away. "He died in peace," he said softly.

Again tears stung in her eyes, Khushi shutting them to hopefully stop them, turning away.

"He was laying in his death bed, coughing severely. He hadn't had a drink in a while according to the people who were watching him. I offered to take him to the hospital, but he denied. ...he knew who I was immediately, just by the look on my face."

Khushi looked back at him.

"He told me everything that had happened to him, your mother, and you. He told me everything I needed to know." Arnav sighed. "He told me that if I found you... he wanted me to tell you that he's always loved you and hopes you forgive him."

Tears brimmed in her eyes. "And you're telling me this now?!"

Arnav sighed, looking down at his hands as he softly rubbed his palms together. "Well I guess I deserved that."

"You deserve worse!"

His steely eyes snapped up to hers. "Watch it," he gritted.

But Khushi didn't lower her eyes.

"You're lucky I ever found him in the first place. If Dhruv had somehow miraculously found him, or heck, found out who you were, do you think we'd be having this conversation right now? Instead, he probably would've been fucking you on top of a hundred crores!"

Khushi recoiled, disgusted by the thought. She was so revolted, her hand went to her throat to stop her gag.

"That's what I thought. When I found out the next day that Dhruv had met someone with the name of Khushi, I asked my men to find out if you were the one I was looking for. Once I did, I didn't waste a second and got ten million just to buy you off from her because I knew that cunning Ichcha would never let go of an asset so easily."

"But she let me go, didn't she? That too, quite easily," Khushi said sadly.

"She let you go because she got what she wanted and that was money. You think she really ever gave a shit about you Khushi? All that woman ever cares about is money and nothing more."

Khushi said nothing for a moment, turning away. "So... so you married me... just to stop your step-brother?"

"Yes. Him and his mother don't deserve any of that money."

Now that caught Khushi's attention. "His mother? She's still alive?"

"Unfortunately, yes. She just doesn't have the courage to face me, so she uses the pathetic piece of shit she gave birth to, to do her shit."

Khushi hummed in acknowledgement. She had learned so much - things she wanted to know and things she didn't even know existed - in such short time. However Khushi was still hurt.

"So the bottom line is that... you married me simply to stop Dhruv from getting money."

"A large sum, yes."

"And that's what its always been?"

"Yes."

"And that's still why," she asked, her voice nearly a whisper.

Arnav gritted his teeth. "Yes."

That one word was enough to break her heart. She had hoped that he would have said no, but instead he said the opposite. Khushi urged herself not to cry and controlled herself.

"I'd like to be alone now," she said.

Arnav nodded and got up, leaving the room. The second the door shut, Khushi broke into tears and buried her face in a pillow, crying. She had hoped that maybe, at this point, Arnav would have wanted her, more than in a physical way. She had hoped that maybe, at this point, she had started to become essential to Arnav.

But alas, Khushi was still unwanted and nonessential.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for clarification over past issue and their marriage in this chapter. Arnav did marry her for money as an original motive but he happened to be a hero to save her from that Drhuv anyway!! No matter what, Khushi's better off being Arnav's wife but she is still hurt...Hopefully Arnav soon will find her important to his life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The update is painful.

    Finally Khushi's past is out. Poor Khushi.......

    Waiting for Arnav to fall in love with Khushi......

    (orchids8888 from IF)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it...
    it was great...
    i hope arnav will tell khushi soon that he loves her...
    please continue soon...
    waiting for the next part....

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOAH WHAT A STORY
    AMAZING LOVED IT
    THE LAST SENTENCE WAS JUST TOO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally Khushi came to know why Arnav married her. I thaught Arnav would confess that he isn't doing it only for to stop dhruv getting the money but also cause he loves her. Poor Khushi is so heartbrokenšŸ˜¢ can you please upate the good wife please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally Khushi came to know why Arnav married her. I thaught Arnav would confess that he isn't doing it only for to stop dhruv getting the money but also cause he loves her. Poor Khushi is so heartbrokenšŸ˜¢ can you please upate the good wife please?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey there..! this update was an eye opening to the story and a refreshment as well....i just got bored of reading the different ways they were physical....no complaints..but that also was a superb phase!

    there are many things i wanna lay about the story...so writing in points!

    1....khushi has learned EVERYthing...pool...various dance forms...swimming...education(though of not high level)
    and she has excelled in EACH thing she did....they y din't iccha bai keep her on show in brothrel like payal sheetal etc?

    2....why did aman suddenly call for arnav about dhruv when he was roaming with khushi in this update?

    3....how come co-incidently it was khushi who got suspician about the study? and what were the guards doing...y they didnt get any suspection?

    4....how come the drawer was suddenly unlocked and unguarded when it contained such important contents!

    5....where did arnav find khushi crying?? the exact location wasn't given properly! she was on arnav's chair or on floor or on the couch....where did she sit and read that she had close reach to documents!

    6....arnav told the his part of past..it was very unexpected one...but a game changer ofcourse!

    7...does dhruv NOW know why arnav married khushi...or he just wants her physically only!

    8...dhruv planning to do things to arshi with sheetal and his mom....does he know all the past!

    9....when khushi was the best icchabai dint put her on show until she is 18! the statement she told to ritabai after khushi had deeper meaning...as if she knew she should keep khushi far from dhruv and give away to arnav....what was that??!!!

    10...rita bai had feelings for her darling....why icchabai allowed it when she knew khushi is gonna leave!

    11...i think i understand why arnav dint confess his love for khushi....isnt khushi doing the same?? she too dint confess! (pls leave male propose first here)...or may be bcuz she is just 18 nd a harmonal teenager!

    12....arnav must now first get used to his love to khushi himself then only he would want her to know about his love! he is fighting with himself about her...but he thinks her to be the w**re..sl*t...when he knows she is pure hearted the way the past was revealed!!

    so at last there is lot more to go in this story...so much for a character to develop and many vengeful and passionate talks to happen with loads of twists garnishing the dish!

    the update was reallly very AWESOME and know i understand why it took you so long to update than the mentioned date!

    i hope you would just mention the commentors' name so that even we know what you think about our comments and if you even acknowledge it!

    if u dont acknowledge it then i would never write so long again...BIG SORRY in advance!

    i know i m anonymous..but i always start my comment with a "het there..!" and end it with.....
    take care...love ua stories....keep updating...live freely ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey there..! could you give a sexy holi update in any of the arshi stories you write??...pls!! if not..do reply!

    ReplyDelete